DIY Shade Sails
Our Shade Sails come complete with Fixtures and Fittings
Shipping Free Australia Wide!
- Shade sail quality assured
- Guaranteed competitive prices
- We manufacture our shade sails
- Sails can be completely waterproof using long life PVC material
- All sails guaranteed for 10 years
A FEW OF THE MANY APPLICATIONS;
- Back yard and pool Shades
- Car Ports and Car Parks
- Decking Shades
- School and Kindergarten Shades
- Architectural Shades Sails
- Children’s Play Areas
- Window Coverings
Shade fixings vary depending on the area that needs to be covered. Should your shade be fixed to a building structure it is important you seek advice from an engineer or builder to ensure the structure can cope with the high forces sail shades can generate on fixing points. As a general rule, it is better and safer to install galvanised steel posts to support your shade sail.
PVC Membrane Sails also available
Shade Sail Posts
Posts come in different shapes (round or square) thicknesses and diameters. It is important that the correct post sizes are used. This varies depending on the height of the posts and the size of the shade sail. Posts can also be painted or powdered coated in almost any colour or left as a natural galvanised look. The galvanised look is the most popular today.
SHADE SAIL MANUFACTURE
COVER UP CAN DESIGN, MANUFACTURE & INSTALL CUSTOM SHADE SAILS FOR ALMOST ANY APPLICATION SIZE & SHAPE.
Our Shade Sales are made with the highest grade materials, stainless steel fittings and galvanized steel posts, ensuring that your shade sail will last many years. Whether for a carport, pool shade, patio cover or a free standing structure, we can assist. Sail Shades look great and are a cost effective solution when compared to a pergola or carport. Shade sails provide protection from the harsh Australian elements and are also an ornamental feature.
SHADE SAIL DESIGN
SOME OF THE KEY FACTORS IN A SHADE SAIL DESIGN INCLUDE
- Shape. Countless shapes are achievable
- Colour. A large variety of material colours are available
- Material. There are various types of material and cloths suitable for shade sails
- Fixings. Post (round or square), post angles, structure fixing brackets etc..
WHEN PLANNING A SHADE SAIL PEOPLE GENERALLY HAVE 2 OBJECTIVES IN MIND.
1. Shade – Planning for shade coverage is often a little tricky as the suns position changes with the time of day, and the time of the year. The height of the shade sails also effects where the shade is cast. This generally means that fixing points need to be further away from the shade area you require.
2. Looks ( Style and Shape). It is important to consider your shape, colour, and in particular try to vary your fixing heights. Varied fixing heights assist with water run off, shade stability, tensioning and load forces created by the wind.
SUN PROTECTION WITH SHADE SAILS
DIFFERENT TIMES OF THE DAY AND DIFFERENT MONTHS OF THE YEAR EFFECT THE SHADOW CAST BY SHADES SAILS.
These factors need to be consider when desinging your shade sail to allow for the different seasons. UV Protection and shade varies between different shade cloths and colours, however as a guide commercial materials usually offer around 98% UV proctection and actual shade of around 85% – 98%.
Commercial grade shade cloth fabric manufactured from high density polyethylene (HDPE) mono filament and tape filament.
- Small to medium shade sails/structures
- Umbrellas and Awnings
- Pergola and patio covers
- Privacy screens and Blinds
- Mildew and mould resistant
- High UVR protection up to 95%
- High tensile strength
- Designed in Australia
- 10 year UV warranty
ALNET EXTRABLOCK (FIRE RETARDANT) SHADE CLOTH
Alnet Extrablock shade sailcloth is a fire retardant material. It is a densely knitted fabric designed for commercial applications with a 330 gsm weight, one of the heavier shade sail fabrics on the market today.
* Beige and Cream are not fire retardant
SHADE SAIL SHAPES, CONFIGURATIONS AND DESIGN IDEAS
Shade Sails can be almost any shape. Triangles, Squares, Rectangles, Hexagons and so on. It is popular to have multiple shades and shapes to add more appeal to your shade sail. Fixing heights also dramatically change the look of the shade. Here are some samples of some design ideas.